In simple terms Constipation (Kabj) is a condition when the food is not digested properly and it is very difficult to remove stools (Mal) from your body. In hindi constipation is known as Kabj. If you are suffering from constipation then you will not be able to poo properly and also not in a routine manner.
In constipation stool (waste material) gets hardened inside the intestine and doesn’t come out easily. This result in headache, gas problems, acidity problems, hunger problems and pimples in face and ulcers in mouth also appear.
Apart from that if you are going to toilet several times to poop, then that is start of constipation.
How Many Times One Should Poop:
According to ayurveda and ancient scriptures, going to toilet 1 or 2 times in whole day of 24 hours is considered healthy. If you are going to toilet more than that then you need to take care of your health and stomach. As it may be start of constipation.
Correct Time To Poop:
Best time to go to toilet to poop is in morning from 4 am to 7 am. Some of the constipation problems can be cured by waking up early in the morning at about 5 am or 6 am and drinking two glasses of Luke warm water.
Constipation is not a small disease; people suffering from severe constipation do not go to toilet for 4 days and have to take some medicine on daily basis to pass stools. A large number of cases are seen in America and western countries where people depend largely on junk foods.
Here I will talk about some of basic eatables which can be used in your everyday life to avoid constipation and treat constipation completely.
What to Eat? To Keep Away Constipation:
Red Beans (Other than rajma available in stores)
Flex seeds (Alsi ka beej)
These are starch rich food and increase potassium content in your body. This removes excess water in the body and easily relieves constipation of any type. Taking starch rich foods will always keep your body and tummy tight and toned.
- Almonds (Badam): Consist of vitamin D, Vitamin E, Vitamin A and deficiency of these vitamins normally cause constipation as pancreatic juice is not produced. Eat almond after soaking it in water overnight and unpeeling them.
- Dates (Khajur): High fiber Positive potassium content, Vitamin A, Vitamin K, Vitamin C. Deficiency of Vitamin C causes constipation as it activates Bile juice and Pancreatic juice which are directly related to constipation.
- Peanuts (Mungfali): Eat peanuts without sugar or salt because it hardens your stools. Eat roasted peanuts without salt or sugar.
- Black Kishmish: Antioxidants and high fiber fruit
- Pineaaple: Eat over ripe pineapple or if it is not ripe, then you can boil pineapple in pressure cooker and then eat. This will create pancreatic juice and free you from constipation.
- Orange: Peel the skin of orange boil in water and drink the mixture, its very helpful to treat constipation. We can also make tea out of it.
- Amla (or Amla powder with Luke warm water)
- Aloe Vera (very good but highly allergic, try it if it doesn’t suits you stop using it)
- Curry Leaves
Let’s talk about fat intake necessary for a healthy stomach. As this makes the movement of stool inside your intestine easy.
- Coconut Oil: If you have severe constipation eat 5 grams of coconut oil before sleep.
- Mustard Oil: Cook food in mustard oil
- Almond Oil: Do not heat almond oil, can take half table spoon directly.
- Desi Ghee: Do not heat Ghee directly. Add Ghee in hot chapatti or dal or rice to get best results.
In morning, Before breakfast eat 25 grams of curd (without sugar or salt). It makes your intestine strong.
If all these things don’t helps you get rid of constipation, then do one thing.
Cut all the vegetables and grains stated above and boil them. Now add some Ghee or any other fat item in this boiled salad and eat it. This should be done in breakfast.
Never Skip Breakfast:
Those who skip breakfast will face problem of constipation always, because the intestine is confused to produce pancreatic juice, which helps in digestion. Never skip breakfast and have a stomach full breakfast. Correct time of breakfast is 9.30 am.
LIKE, SHARE and COMMENT